Mass. Budget and Policy Center people • partnerships • policy
- Testing Report Template with ACFby mbpcadmin on November 23, 2020 at 5:44 am
It comes with shortcodes and a search widget allowing you to easily display search forms anywhere on your website.
- FY 2021 Budget & Tax Optionson November 13, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Two weeks ago, the Executive Office of Administration and Finance (ANF) provided updated revenue projections for the current fiscal year (FY21). ANF now estimates an FY21 tax revenue shortfall of $3.6 billion. This new estimate resets the baseline from which the Governor and Legislature must build their respective FY21 budget proposals. Drawing on a variety … FY 2021 Budget & Tax Options Read More »
- Most Experts See Year-Over-Year Tax Revenue Declineon November 13, 2020 at 5:26 pm
The Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center decided not to prepare a revenue estimate number for this hearing, said its president, Marie-Frances Rivera, citing “all the uncertainty and variables.” In April, MassBudget said that if patterns from prior recessions hold and there is some limited growth, fiscal 2021 collections could land between $5 billion and $5.7 … Most Experts See Year-Over-Year Tax Revenue Decline Read More »
- Massachusetts could face a $5 billion budget hole; Baker administration takes tax hikes off the table for nowon November 13, 2020 at 5:26 pm
The Senate and House chairmen of their respective chambers’ budget committees, Michael J. Rodrigues and Aaron Michlewitz, prepared to host a virtual roundtable with experts to determine how dire Massachusetts’ financial picture is. “There’s a budgetary crisis happening,” said Marie-Frances Rivera, president of … Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center.
- Raising Rates on Unearned Income: An Equitable Way to Avoid Cuts and Support a Robust and Just Recoveryon November 13, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Snapshot of Findings Each percentage point increase in the rates applied to most unearned income could raise about $465 million a year during periods of strong economic and/or stock market performance. Because unearned income flows overwhelmingly to high-income, white households, raising additional revenue from unearned income would support economic and racial justice. The best path … Raising Rates on Unearned Income: An Equitable Way to Avoid Cuts and Support a Robust and Just Recovery Read More »